Friends forever

A group of girlfriends, all aged 40, discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View because the waiters there were so handsome.

Ten years later, at age 50, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View because the food and wine were so good.

Ten years later, at age 60, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View because it had the nicest restrooms.

Ten years later, at age 70, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View because it was wheelchair accessible.

Ten years later, at age 80, the friends again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at the Ocean View because they had never been there before.

32 Responses to Friends forever

1. Hilarious, but about the truth. 😀 — Suzanne

2. Reblogged this on Musings on Life & Experience and commented:
    Hilarious, but about the truth.

3. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    I wish I could remember the name of that place by the water where people can eat 🤔🤔🤔

4. ColorStorm says:

Awesome. Joyful. Sad. Hopeful. Life in all its ups and downs.

5. Adrienne says:

Ummmmmmmm – I’m 70 and still going where the waiters are cute. I also insist that all my service people (HVAC, plumber, electrician, et al), be cute. So far, I’m batting a thousand. My HVAC guys, who installed my new furnace a few months ago, were beyond cute, the plumber who was just here was very attractive (and no plumber crack, thank goodness), and now I’m waiting and hoping for a cute electrician this afternoon. Please send up “cute” prayers for me. Thank you.

• franhunne4u says:

Maybe, just maybe the definition of cute changes with age.
      with 30: Must have muscles and all his hair, white teeth and abs
      With 40: must still have his hair, white teeth and no beer gut
      With 50: Must have his own teeth and no beer gut
      with 60: Must have his own teeth and be able to get up to greet me
      with 70: Must have paid his third teeth and wear a not too ugly whig and not breathe too asthmathically
      with 80: Must breathe

6. teachezwell says:

Reblogged this on Teachezwell Blog and commented:
    Umm, something in this seems familiar to me, but I’m not sure. Maybe you’ll know….

7. ellenbest24 says:

I have a feeling all the above will stand but still the waiters will need to be cute. great fun to read thank you.

8. kirizar says:

Very fun and goes well with the photo. Were you at all tempted to send them to a funeral home at one point?

9. Bernadette says:

Oh well, even if they were the same waiters they must have found them fabulously new and handsome.

10. The various features of this restaurant kept them coming back. What was the name of it again? 😀 😀 😀

11. Heh. Good one, bob.

So happens, before turning to this page, I had just read this in a comment on Michelle’s Mirror:

As you get older, three things happen.

The first is, your memory goes.

And I can’t remember the other two.

• Memory failure is a real bitch. A couple of nights ago I forgot to let two of my grandcats out of the front hall after feeding them (I have to feed the little boys in the hall, while I feed the little girls in the kitchen — otherwise the boys, who eat faster, would end up stealing food from the girls)… so Oscar and Figaro ended up spending the night locked in the front hall. And yesterday I forgot to put the leftover casserole away after supper — I left it out on the kitchen counter, uncovered… I’m sure you can imagine what happened next. 😦

• Milady Webworker read your comment, and to “I’m sure you can imagine what happened next,” she said, “Oscar and Figaro got you back for leaving them in the hall!” Right?

I don’t usually have serious memory problems (yet… um… that I remember), but there was one night a few months ago, we got home, and whatever we were talking about or doing, I completely forgot to let our most excellent dog out of the car. Wasn’t until later when I went outside to call him into the house and he wasn’t around that I realized what I’d done.

Good thing dogs are so utterly forgiving. He probably wondered what he’d done wrong.

• Mrs. Webworker nailed it. 😉 Of course, Oscar and Figaro would have attacked the unprotected casserole whether or not I had locked them in the hall overnight — it had cheese sauce, and if there’s one thing Wisconsin kitties can’t resist, it’s cheese.

As for the episode with your dog, it’s fortunate that dogs don’t hold grudges. Neither do cats, or at least none of mine ever has, despite endless provocations from the household staff (i.e. me). Either they forgive and forget, or they just forget. Either way is fine.

12. That is a funny post! 😉

Sadly it also reminds me of my grandmother who has Alzheimer’s unfortunately! Still I love the full circle aspect of the post!