Happy birthday, Bob

It’s hard to believe, but five years have passed since the bluebird of bitterness was hatched. Although Nan, Eve, Otto, Hannah, and Ada had hoped to throw a party to celebrate, plans were derailed when they all came down with bird flu. By the time everyone had recovered, it was too late to do any planning or preparation; so instead of a party, they just had birdseed birthday cake and watched this guy playing the “Angry Birds” theme on YouTube.

23 Responses to Happy birthday, Bob

1. Thomas says:

And may you have many more.

2. Alec says:

The world is just a little bit better with the bluebird of bitterness in the house.

3. Peter Farb says:

In dog years, you’re dead……..

4. To celebrate, I just figured out who ‘Bob’ is. Happy birthday BoB!!!!!

• Thanks, Tuesday. The gravatar image came first, with the picture of the grumpy bluebird, whom I began referring to as “the bluebird of bitterness” — you know, to differentiate him from the bluebird of happiness — but that was sort of long to write, so I began shortening it to “Bob,” which I used as my screen name for a while. But not surprisingly, between my masculine screen name and the male bluebird in my gravatar, everyone who didn’t know better naturally assumed I was a guy. Also, a disproportionate number of my blogging buddies were already using the name Bob — all of whom had a far better claim to it, seeing as how it was actually their real name, while mine was just an acronym — so I switched to using bluebird of bitterness as my screen name. Some of my blogging buddies who have been with me for a long time still call me Bob, which is fine. I’ve certainly been called worse things. 🙂

5. Adrienne says:

Happy Blogoversary, You always manage to light up our day.

6. luckyotter says: