14 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — racially and ethnically insensitive edition

1. Thomas says:

The first one reminds me that I must quit procrastinating and order a genealogical DNA test. I may own part of a casino.

I suppose there are (or were) instances of reverse stereotyping among blacks, Asians, and Indians, but I’ve not seen them. Examples, anyone?

• sepultura13 says:

There is no such thing as “reverse stereotyping” or “reverse racism.”

If there is, it was done as a response to the endless crap that “whites” shower on the rest of us.

Clueless, much?
      Oh, right…you think that you’d own a casino! that says it all…
      XD

• Thomas says:

If there is no such thing as “reverse stereotyping” or “reverse racism” — a dubious assertion — then how do you “know” what causes it? Or are you just indulging in a racist mini-rant?

My comment about the casino was facetious humor, which evidently escapes you. But I am sincere about my possible Native American ancestry, and will be proud of it if it’s proved.

2. Erica Herd says:

Awful, but they were commonplace then.

3. Zip-a-Dee says:

The same ‘mindset’ creates them today – just tweaks them some with ‘sophistication!’
    Here’s one for you b.o.b. http://nedhardy.com/2016/05/20/15-photos-guaranteed-make-smile-face/
    Someone knows how to spoil their cat even more than others!

4. Hard to believe. —- Suzanne

5. lbeth1950 says:

Those are startling, especially the one about Fairy Soap. That’s just cruel.

• There were some that were much worse — I chose the least offensive ones. 🙂

The Fairy Soap one I chalked up to children having no filter and just saying exactly what they think… like when you’re out in public with your three-year-old and she says loudly, “Mommy, why is that lady so fat?” or “Look, Mommy — that man has no legs!” and you cringe with embarrassment and wonder why you ever thought having kids was a good idea. 🙂

• Citizen Tom says:

Actually, the expression on the black kid’s face is classic. That kid is thinking “how stupid can you get.”

People are way to sensitive. We overrate our intelligence.

6. […] Advertisements from long, long ago — racially and ethnically insensitive edition […]

7. Will S. says:

In China, similar ads are still being made:

For some reason, we hear of no protests outside Chinese embassies / ad company offices…