Advertisements from long, long ago — fabulous hair edition

19 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — fabulous hair edition

1. 49lilykatz says:

I remember the “gee, your hair smells terrific” nonsense. Thanks for the laugh, Madison Avenue is just too much.

• I’m embarrassed to say that I remember several of those ads, which lets you know not only how ancient I am, but how much of my misspent youth was wasted watching television and reading really stupid magazines.

2. Thomas says:

The guys in the final two ads must have used the vacuum helmet. 🙂

3. ColorStorm says:

Yikes, the rope and gun! Yet most sane people understand the exaggeration.

Try this ad today. lol

Loved these. Great memories.

4. teachezwell says:

Oh my! Where did you find all these? So funny!

• I collect old advertisements compulsively. They all go into a file, and when the file starts to bulge, I have to do something with them. 🙂

• teachezwell says:

That’s a great way to hoard. Too bad my hoarding is all junk and teaching supplies. 😊

• 😀

My husband is a pack rat. Shortly after we got married, when we were living in a tiny apartment with almost no storage space, it became obvious that two pack rats could not live together successfully (unless they had a big house with a full attic and full basement and maybe also a large garage and possibly a barn or two as well)… so if we were going to survive, one of us would have to reform. Given that I was 22 at the time and he was 31, I concluded that it would have to be me; he was too set in his ways. I guess it worked, because we recently celebrated our 39th anniversary. 🙂

Nowadays most of my pack ratting is confined to my computer’s hard drive. 🙂

• teachezwell says:

That’s a wonderful story! We were so poor when we started out that we never had much to collect.

• I hear you. We were poor as church mice, but we each brought a rather large accumulation of stuff (largely worthless, apart from sentimental value) to the marriage. I think he had more than I did because he’d had eight years longer to accumulate stuff. 🙂

Also, for many years he refused to throw away anything that was broken — furniture, appliances, etc. — if he thought it could be repaired. It didn’t seem to matter that neither of us had either the time or the expertise to repair the item in question. 🙂

5. […] via Advertisements from long, long ago — fabulous hair edition — bluebird of bitterness […]

6. […] Advertisements from long, long ago — fabulous hair edition […]