Happy Caturday — deck the halls edition

31 Responses to Happy Caturday — deck the halls edition

1. Reblogged this on A Blog About Healing From PTSD and commented:
    Love the treetop kitty! Merry Christmas!

2. Thanks for all the happy, cute, funny, uplifting things you post! I needed this today.

I especially love your Quote of the Day today: The truth is like a lion. You don’t have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. —St. Augustine

Wow! I like that so much, I am going to add it to the Epigraph page of my memoir…. which is still not nearly finished yet, but getting there.

Maybe it will help if I print this Augustine quote out on a card and keep it close while I write. Worry about people not believing my crazy but true story is a big part of what has been holding me back.

• That’s not surprising at all; I can imagine the disbelieving looks you have gotten from people who have no personal experience of abuse and just can’t accept that such things occur. To them, a world where parents abuse their own children is so frightening that they refuse to acknowledge its reality. They would dismiss your memoir as a twisted fantasy, but you’re not writing it for them. You’re writing it for the people who know that evil exists, but who need to be made aware that evil can be overcome.

3. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    Cats plus Christmas trees – What could possibly go wrong? 😄

4. kdrose1 says:

Reblogged this on authorkdrose and commented:
    Happy Caturday!

5. kdrose1 says:

Love animals and love the birds on your site too!!

6. kdrose1 says:

What is the Paul Revere Award? How can I win one?

7. sepultura13 says:

Reblogged this on Random Ramblings; Myriad Musings and commented:
    Some Saturday, “Cat-ur-day” smiles! Enjoy the weekend…
    ^.^

8. noelleg44 says:

This made my day, especially since every single one of our cats has tried to climb the Christmas tree at one time or another! Great fun!

• Some of mine did that when they were kittens, but now that they’re all middle-aged to elderly, they no longer climb the tree and rarely steal ornaments from it. Mostly they just love drinking water from the tree stand. For some reason it tastes much better than the water in the kitty dish!

9. Reblogged this on saywhatumean2say and commented:
    And NOW you know why I don’t have a tree. hee hee hee ~~dru~~

10. Jdub says:

Reblogged this on Musings and Rambling and commented:
    If this does not make you smile, you have ice water in your veins. And me, I am more a dog person than a cat person but I LOVE this.

11. mhembroff says:

Fortunately the cats haven’t tried getting into the tree. So far they have just reached up as far as they can and batted things around. They are always happy when they see the tree going up. Most of the fun seems to be trying to help me decorate. I have only picked up a couple of ornament so far but the season isn’t over yet. The pictures are funny especially when you aren’t involved with the disaster some cats can cause.

• For years we had small children in addition to all the cats (mostly strays that my kids had rescued), so we got in the habit of using only non-breakable ornaments on our Christmas trees. Now that we have an almost-two-year-old grandson, the policy remains in effect. 🙂

12. Nancy says:

Reblogged this on "OUR WORLD".

13. Rae Longest says:

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! We haven’t put up a tree since we got our first indoor cat 50 years ago and it came down in 20 min! Our Lena, at a ripe old 15, looks over the decorations we do put out, but eyes them warily and steps around or over them. Ribbons? That’s a different thing!

14. […] Happy Caturday — deck the halls edition […]