Bored of education — Math Is Hard™ edition

27 Responses to Bored of education — Math Is Hard™ edition

1. Thomas says:

My wife has a severe math allergy. She loves this Peanuts strip: http://www.gocomics.com/peanuts/2017/03/22

2. Zip-a-Dee says:

haha thanks for the laughs!
    (Another nice looking backdrop b.o.b.!)

3. Reblogged this on Musings on Life & Experience and commented:
    Hilarious. 😀 — Suzanne

4. Wait a minute…math is great fun! It is like a puzzle you have to put together. I love algebra…fun…fun…fun! All A + in college (don’t hate me) K.D.

• I envy you. When I took algebra my freshman year in high school, I expected to ace it just as I had aced math in grades 1 through 8. To my utter humiliation, I did not. It turned out to be my math Waterloo. (But I did just fine in geometry.)

Your comment reminded me of something funny that happened when my youngest child was five years old. My son, who loved math, was very eager for his little sister to love math too, and to that end he talked me into buying a very expensive math program for teaching her at home. Then he gave his little sister a rousing pep talk on the subject, attempting to infect her with his love for math. He concluded by saying, “It’s going to be fun fun fun!” and his little sister replied, “Till her daddy takes the T-bird away.”

• Oh my gosh, that is hysterical! His little sister has a great sense of humor!! Awesome. By the way, I did not like geometry, but I managed to do okay. It was a struggle. Karen 🙂

• Now that all of that is more than forty years in the past, I can’t help wondering if the teacher is what makes the difference. I had eight years of math in elementary school, two years in high school, and a semester in college, and I never had any problem with any of them, except for algebra. Maybe if I’d had a better teacher for algebra, it would have clicked.

5. 307 says:

[…] via Bored of education — Math Is Hard™ edition — bluebird of bitterness […]

6. 1 post = LoL x 100% 😉 💜 Jackie@KWH

7. Reblogged this on Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life and commented:
    The Blue Bird of Bitterness does it by the numbers Maths is part of the equation…#recommended

8. […] Bored of education — Math Is Hard™ edition […]

9. paulandruss says:

Great post- perfect antidote to a tiring day

10. Math is easy. Doing it the way your teacher wants is the hard part.

11. Love this!! Read it on Chris Story Reading Ape. I have a math allergy too!