I can’t brain today, I have the dumb

20 Responses to I can’t brain today, I have the dumb

1. I might need glasses…does anyone else think the tree trunk looks like an elephant??

2. People don’t think sometimes do they. At least it didn’t fall on him or someone else. 😐 — Suzanne

3. Citizen Tom says:

I am sure it seemed like a good idea. He must have thought himself quite clever if he took the trouble to have it filmed.

Most people would not know how to calculate weight of tree trunk. What you could do is get a rough idea by consulting a geometry text and using the formula for determine the volume of a cylinder. Once you have the volume, you would have to look up the density of wood. That be enough information to calculate the weight.

Still there a little problem. When that tree trunk smacked that trunk bed, it landed with considerable force. Basically, it fell 2 – 3 feet. So I suspect the trunk might have been able to handle the weight, but it could not take that weight falling on it. That is another physics calculation.
    😆

When you have a chainsaw, it is easier to chop it up into firewood, than it is to do the calculations.

• No doubt his intention was to eliminate the step where you pick the log up off the ground and hoist it into the bed of the pickup. From much experience of attempting shortcuts that ended up making matters worse, I can sympathize with him.

4. floridaborne says:

At first I thought it was an elephant. 🙂

5. Eileen says:

I thought the joke was that he made it too big for the truck?

6. Will S. says:

Reblogged this on Will S.' Sunny Side Blog and commented:
    D’Oh! 🙂

And that, folks, is why there are people called tree sugeons!

8. Reblogged this on sherriemiranda1 and commented:
    Ruin your vehicle for some free wood? Makes sense! ;-). ❤
    Peace,
    Sherrie
    Sherrie Miranda’s historically based, coming of age, Adventure novel “Secrets & Lies in El Salvador” is about an American girl in war-torn El Salvador:
    Her husband made a video for her novel. He wrote the song too. You can go to the Home page of her blog to watch it:
    Or you can see it on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P11Ch5chkAc 😉