Find the leopard hiding in the savanna!

(click to enlarge)

25 Responses to Find the leopard hiding in the savanna!

1. Had to enlarge it this time but I did find that pesky little leopard.
    ~dru~~

2. Meh. Easy Peasy. Er… Once I enlarged it and scanned thoroughly.

On small version, at first, I thought it was a fawn in the lower-left and I thought, look out, little fawn! It was just a stump. Poor, hungry leopard. Feelings: mixed. 😀

3. renxkyoko says:

The one on the left tree, hanging on a branch.

4. Reblogged this on saywhatumean2say and commented:
    Now a test after a chuckle. ~~dru~~

5. EEEK!!! This gave me a flashback!

The year was 1973. One lovely spring day, I took my 2 year old son for a walk along the isolated gravel road we lived on. Our home was in southern Missouri at the time, in the Ozark Hills. Thick forests surrounded us on every side. The nearest neighbor lived about a mile away.

A small stream ran down the hill below the road. Thinking that he might enjoy playing near the water, I led my son through the trees to the bank of the shallow stream. As he was happily throwing rocks in the creek, I looked up — and there was a large panther, standing motionless on the other side of the shallow water. She was almost close enough to touch, staring at us, with eyes just like that leopard’s!

• Holy cats! That’s WAY to close for comfort. How did you react?

• I was 20 years old then, and very naive in many ways. I did not know anything about panthers. But it was like a combination of protective mama bear and survival instinct took over. I tend to believe it was God…

Two thoughts immediately came to my mind: “Don’t feel any fear, animals sense fear and it triggers them to attack,” and “Don’t make any sudden, fast moves.”

In that moment, my emotions turned off. I felt no fear, no feelings whatsoever. Without taking my eyes off the panther, I very slowly bent forward, picked up my little boy, and slowly lifted him over my head and sat him on my shoulders. Then I slowly, quietly, carefully, turned and walked away… slowly, slowly, slowly, one cautious step in front of another. I still felt no emotions at all.

I walked the 50 feet or more through the woods to the gravel road. Then, still moving just as slowly, with my son still riding on my shoulders, I walked the approximately 1/4 mile up a winding hilly curve to our house… I slowly crossed the wide front yard…. slowly climbed the 3 steps… opened the door, walked in, shut and locked the door behind me, put my son down…. and collapsed on the floor.

I still don’t know how an “expert” would advise handling a situation like that. I have no idea if the typical panther would just stand there, with nothing moving but a twitching tail, if you were to take the same course of action. I only know what happened in my case.

By the way, my husband (now ex) thought I was CrAzY when I told him what had happened. “There ain’t no panthers around these parts,” he sneered.

A couple of days later, a neighboring farmer who kept a herd of cattle in a field along the creek near where I had seen the panther, found the remains of a calf that had been eaten by some kind of wild beast — with big cat tracks in the mud around the carcass.

Thank You Lord Jesus for sparing my son and me!

• Amen to that! My best guess is that your guardian angel made sure that the panther had just eaten a large and satisfying meal, and thus was not motivated to make a meal of your little boy. Or failing that, induced temporary paralysis in the cat. 🙂

• Sounds right to me!

I just made a post out of my comments, with a link back here. Thank you for being a source of lighthearted inspiration, every single day!!! You are Awesome Sauce!!!

Now I have to go get ready for my appointment with a surgeon. ((HUG))

6. I finally found the little guy. 🙂 — Suzanne

7. Reblogged this on Musings on Life & Experience and commented:
    Very clever.

8. Olga says:

Great camouflage! Barely noticeable.

9. megaeggz says:

Sneaky felines haha

10. ColorStorm says:

That’s some serious camoflauge.

The next critter that walks by is toast. 😉

I flund it by half-closing my eyes. Worked a treat.

Flund? I think it should be found:-)

13. …Proving that nature knows what it’s doing when it camouflages animals.

14. BTW, I LOVE your bird family in the sidebar. LOL

15. Dink Newcomb says:

Man, that was terr-bull hard! Even when I had actually seen enough in the blur that I was certain that I was looking at it, I still could not resolve it till it just popped up. Now, I can’t un-see it!

16. […] Find the leopard hiding in the savanna! […]