Advertisements from long, long ago — For the Children™ edition

22 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — For the Children™ edition

1. Loved this post. My first thoughts were – what would ever happen if you had these advertisements today? Especially the ones with the Winchester 22, and the Daisy air rifle.

2. ksbeth says:

Wow – great post

3. Wally Fry says:

My Dad actually gave me one of those very Winchester .22s, that his Dad had given him. LOL

4. Reblogged this on saywhatumean2say and commented:
    Guns and Chubbettes how did we go wrong?
    ~~dru~~

5. floridaborne says:

Some pictures are funny, some bring back fond memories, and others sad. 50 years ago, 70% of the population was skinny. Being “filled out” was considered fat. Now, only 30% of people are slender. I look at the picture of “chubbettes” and remember what was once considered “fat.”

6. Its great! Thx. 😉

7. My husband says “pause that refreshes” as a “nice” way to say “go to the bathroom.” So that ad made me giggle.

8. Ah, yes. The memories came rushing back. 😀 — Suzanne

9. I love this post and the old advertising images. Advertisings for children to get used to weapons make me shudder.

10. Donald Moore says:

I was chagrined to see the adds about guns , because like marijuanan they lead to bigger guns that wind up killing people.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 2:54 PM, bluebird of bitterness wrote:

> bluebird of bitterness posted: ” ” >

• Not necessarily. My husband gave guns to our kids, and he took them to the rifle range and taught them how to use guns safely and responsibly. They participated in target shooting competitions and won awards. None of them has ever used a firearm to harm another person.

11. Wyldkat says:

I seem to recall those Carter and Lego ads, there from right around when I would have been in school.

Love seeing the Winchester and Daisy ads. Man, the days when Sears, JC Penny’s and Montgomery Wards would advertise rifles in their catalogs. Older brother had a Daisy for a while. I wish I could remember what happened to it.

Enjoyed, thanks for sharing.

12. […] Advertisements from long, long ago — For the Children™ edition […]