Online shopping can sure be weird sometimes

I went on Amazon recently in search of a particular piece of sheet music. These were my buying options (click to enlarge):

Let’s see… should I buy new or used? Talk about difficult decisions…

18 Responses to Online shopping can sure be weird sometimes

1. Wyldkat says:

for that much money, I’ll be expecting to see it signed by Wolfgang or Ludwig. 😉

2. Cyranny says:

The 1,700$ one is tempting… if only they offered free delivery 😉

3. Donnalee says:

And you can’t download it yourself from somewhere and not have to pay shipping? I understand paying the songwriter/publisher, but the shipping (and lack of personal greeting signature by Beethoven) makes me personally reluctant to waste it. I don’t use amazon since I think the term ‘shipping’ for them just means ‘surcharge for no reason except wanting more money and to nudge you to buy that amazon prime or whatever it is’.

4. Spar Harmon says:

The $1.71K model, of course, it’ll be so much more meaningful

5. Spar Harmon says:

If you get the Sibelius software you can feed in Daniil Trifonov playing Beethoven’s Op 32 Sonata, //Hammerclavier// (YouTube) and print out the score.

• Spar Harmon says:

My reference to the YouTube video of Trifonov playing a Beethoven Sonata was incorrectly stated. Here is the correct attribution:: Beethoven Sonata No. 32, Op. 111.

There are 2 videos; the latest was at Carnegie Hall and shows a surpassing master continuing to mature and grow; the other was at the Maurice Ravel Hall in Lyon and is from the amazing tour of the triumphant winner of The Rubinstein Masters Competition [every 3 years] in Israel.

Any one with a love of the great keyboard literature will love this incredibly transcendent young master // Daniil Trifonov //

I’ve found the same with many things, my own books included. Why would anyone think people would even consider paying over $1,000 for something they can get for less than 10. And new at that!🤔

7. egorr says:

I’ve seen similar craziness when I look for stuff on Amazon, and especially Ebay.

Makes you wonder who set those prices, and why. Maybe the most expensive one is hand-delivered by the artist?

8. Never visited Amazon to buy anything, glad I haven’t I get confused easily 😈