How people had fun in the pre-digital era

29 Responses to How people had fun in the pre-digital era

1. I love these. That one picture of the four young ladies must have been taken in the early 60’s. They were all dressed in the style of Jackie Kennedy. 🙂 — Suzanne

2. Thanks for some memories. As a kid, I was never bored. I like the first picture. I could only imagine what would happen today if kids ran around with even toy guns!

3. Will S. says:

Reblogged this on Will S.' Sunny Side Blog and commented:
    Thanks BoB!

A vanished world…

4. Thomas Anger says:

The console radio was my main source pre-TV, pre-digital source of entertainment: Tom Mix (even after he had died), Superman, The Shadow, Ozzie & Harriet, George Burns & Gracie Allen, Jack Benny, Jack Carter Private Eye, I Love a Mystery, Our Miss Brooks, and on and on. If people still watched and listened to shows like that, America would be a kinder, gentler place.

5. Gracious, what an amalgamation! Some sweet, some goofy, some downright horrifying 🙂 Wonder if I could get 2 friends to wear those pickle hats with me.

6. Embeecee says:

We made our own fun and used imagination for flavoring. I smiled at all the pictures except that one where those four women appear to be dressing up as dill pickles (or something a bit more adult…) um. Ha. Thanks for the smile! 🙂

7. I remember them well 🙂

8. Ah, yes! How people had fun in the pre-digital era!

I’ll never forget when Grampaw would hitch up the hippo and we’d ride to town and point and laugh at the PIckle Quartet. We let the littlest armed boy gangs have the biggest fireworks, because we knew as smokers they’d have matches.

😮

I do remember some of those things. Listening to the radio. We’d never miss the Goon Show, Round the Horne or Journey into Space.
    Reading isn’t in your list. I spent hours with my head in a book.

10. Larry Geiger says:

Here in Florida it was easy to find a chunk of lime rock to use as chalk on the black asphalt streets. We drew city streets on which our bicycles were autos. We made stores and schools. We drew fish and birds and four square and hopscotch. At school, each day before the boys would go out to the playground and run around like mad, crazy people, we had to take the big lime rock chunk and draw the hopscotch squares for the girls. The teachers said that it was the “gentlemanly” thing to do. 🙂