Perfectionism on the job

22 Responses to Perfectionism on the job

1. Do you think I could hire one of these folks to come and line up my cabinet items?

2. […] Reblogged this from https://bluebirdofbitterness.com/2018/06/07/perfectionism-on-the-job/#comment-92876 […]

3. Willow says:

Either employees with too much time on their hands or customers who want to show off their mad organizing skills. Either way, it only takes one person who needs something to mess it all up. 🙂

4. Osyth says:

I understand this need. I also understand that it is like pushing water uphill with a toothbrush …. the moment you complete is the moment someone needs something and the whole thing is RUINED I tell you!!!

5. There’s something about neatness that is satisfying to our inner sense of logic.

6. Adrienne says:

As it should be! What a beautiful sight!

7. mvaden1948 says:

My size seems to always be in the middle of the pile and then I feel guilty for messing up the symmetry.

• I hear you. I hate messing up a nice neat pile of things, trying to find the one that’s my size — especially when it turns out my size is sold out, and I messed up the pile for nothing. Then I have to waste more time reorganizing the pile, since I can’t stand to leave anything in worse condition than I found it.

Yet one more reason I prefer online shopping. 🙂

8. egorr says:

That last picture showed some REAL dedication!!

9. Donnalee says:

Some of them are lovely, and some just need a good messing up, in my opinion–I love the interwoven tires, I must say.

10. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    BlueBird has found some photos to appeal to your inner pedant 👍😃😄

11. The cabling I can appreciate, having done similar work many years ago when installing mechanical telephone exchanges. The rest I would have to mess up!

12. Seeing these things restores belief that order does exist in this helter skelter seeming universe. I know I can’t “always” be perfect but I do my very best in all I do.

13. Abigail says:

If I had time in a department store, I would organize the clothing in this manner. As the case it is, I usually only have 15-30 seconds before my family moves to the next section, giving me only enough time to orient the existing piles at ninety degree angles.

14. Fantastic but not totally realistic. It seems someone stayed up all night. 😀 — Suzanne

15. Glenda T. Goode says:

That was very soothing to my mind. Not all but many people have an inner drive for symmetry.

16. larrygeiger says:

If you see the “Dirty Jobs” episode stacking tires you’ll see how much work it is to do that but also how important so as to not waste space.