Advertisements from long, long ago — holiday edition

13 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — holiday edition

1. Bless the little girl. “How much is that Smith Corona in the window? The one with the salmon-pink case?”

2. My dad gifted me with an Underwood portable typewriter. It got a lot of use, especially when I was in college. I love old ads. These Christmas ones are the best. 🙂 — Suzanne

3. tidalscribe says:

I love these. Pyrex for Xmas – whoopee. I was thrilled to get a tumble dryer for Xmas one year….

4. The spring horse was only $9.99? I wanted one of those SO BAD. But nooo, I was a girl and only boys could have a spring horse. For $9.99, I would have been the happiest cowgirl in the world! Of course, that was probably a quarter of my dad’s weekly wages, back then.

Merry Happy Christmas Holidays! 😁

5. Salvageable says:

I miss my spring horse. When my children were little I found a second-hand one, and they all enjoyed it. I wish they made them in adult sizes. J.

6. John Holton says:

I miss those holiday cigarette cartons.

7. -Eugenia says:

Wow, blasts from the past! Love this post.

8. egorr says:

No Lionel train adverts, I’m bummed. Gotta have a train set for Christmas, y’know!
    Quite the blast. From. The. Past!

9. floridaborne says:

So many memories. 🙂

I remember the office managers grumbling in the 1970’s. The office Christmas party used to require ties and formal wear. By the end of the 70’s the transition into casual wear had caused quite a stir among those who remembered elegance.

The cigarette ornaments on the Christmas tree made me laugh, too.

10. floridaborne says: