How people had fun in the pre-digital era

For bonus points, see if you can spot the celebrities.

33 Responses to How people had fun in the pre-digital era

1. I’m going to admit my age by saying only one or two were before my time, but not much. πŸ™‚ — Suzanne

2. Larry Geiger says:

We never sat that close to the TV. Radiation, don’t ya know…

3. Thanks for making me smile this morning, Bluebird. πŸ’˜πŸ¦

4. renxkyoko says:

There’s that photo of a family… a boy, Mom and Dad. I’m sure the Dad was a very, very, very famous actor. ( I saw an old cowboy movie with him in it.)

5. jono51 says:

The only actor I recognize is Glenn Ford with the woman and child looking at the model ship.
    I indulged in several of those pastimes and still do.

6. Glen Ford was that dad staring at the ship with his wife and son. If there were any other celebrities, I didn’t spot them, although the guy with the fiddle looks familiar. Thanks for a fun post. I love the ladies dressed up and wearing hats on the Tilt-a-Whirl.

7. Donnalee says:

The one in the mailbox is probably Kaufman…George, was it…?

8. colonialist says:

Well, I think that may well be my Great Aunt Emmarentia in the sea in the second picture . . .

9. Jennie says:

This was delightful. Thank you!

10. larrygeiger says:

The lady in the second car in the roller coaster on the right looks familiar.. The old surfer guy on the right I think is famous as I’ve seen that photo before.

11. Don’t know about celebrities, but I wonder how you got that picture of me & Milady walking down the sidewalk! πŸ™‚

I’ve seen the one with the cop and the kid before. Great picture.

The beach shot has some great cars!

Also, in the one of the family watching the teevee, notice the picture with frame to the left of the set, obviously so you can slide it in front of the nasty old picture tube when not watching it. That’s a feature that didn’t last.

12. Rae Longest says:

Sooooo lovely. They were such good times!

13. Carol Anne says:

Hahaha so lovely I’m loving it! ❀

14. Carol Anne says:

Reblogged this on Therapy Bits and commented:
    Look, this is how people did it had fun before we had the internet!

Polite comments are welcome.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )