Monday chuckles

22 Responses to Monday chuckles

1. ibikenyc says:

OMG that toddler putting rubber gloves on her feet! LOLOL! πŸ˜€

• That made me chuckle, too. And the one about the Juneflower fits. My ancestors actually arrived on the second ship after the Mayflower. πŸ˜€

• ibikenyc says:

I liked that one, too.

You have quite a story. Good thing you’re writing that book!

• Thanks. Writing my memoir is the hardest thing I have ever done. But it’s very enlightening.

• ibikenyc says:

I bet. Funny how much stuff comes back to you once you start to poke around in your head.

• I know what you mean. But in my case, it isn’t so much that things are coming back, as it is that I’m seeing the context of things.

Events, many of which had seemed isolated and inexplicable to me, are taking on a different meaning as I write them out in the order that I remember them happening. Seeing how the chain of events worked, how one thing led to another, is eye opening.

Also, as I write, I’ve been doing a bit of online research about the major news events of the times I grew up in. And I can see how certain national and world events may have tied in. For example, my father really believed the world was going to end during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Which could explain some of his actions and decisions at that time. It’s interesting, to say the least!

• ibikenyc says:

How interesting. I imagine that’s way more intense. I do journal heavily most days and find myself remembering all kinds of things from decades ago, but I tend to go back and forth rather than in any kind of a timeline. I’m gonna keep your approach in mind.

What a cool idea, looking at the then-current news. It’s kinda terrifying how vastly so many things have changed in such a short time.

Context can be so significant.

• I think mine might have arrived on the Octoberflower, having missed all the previous boats. I drive my husband crazy, just as my mother drove my father crazy, with my lack of punctuality. I maintain that it’s because I was born two weeks late and I still haven’t gotten caught up.

• That picture cracks me up every time I look at it. πŸ™‚

2. jenny_o says:

So funny! I love the Juneflower one; I’m late for almost everything even though I try hard not to be.

3. I’ve never been late for anything in my life. I was due to be born on the 17th April I wont bother with the year, and the cord was cut and I was on my own at 4 minutes past midnight on the 17th April.

It;s a curse believe me!

4. Hilarious. I especially liked the marshmallow bunny. πŸ˜€ — Suzanne

5. krcc says:

cant stop laughing over the crushed bunny. oh, the likeness! πŸ‘πŸ˜‰