How people communicated in the pre-digital era

30 Responses to How people communicated in the pre-digital era

1. atimetoshare.me says:

Those were the days. And look how happy we were.

2. Those WERE the good old days when humans REALLY communicated with each other, not robots, bots or AIs

3. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal and commented:
    Yes… coffee clutches, dinner parties, neighborhood gatherings, family dinners (with no phones visible), daily newspaper, telephone, long,long letters, cards… and personal communications.

4. Sue Cass says:

We have a whole generation that doesn’t even know how to spell or write because of whatever they call that when texting. “Good old days,” is right. These kids don’t have a clue what even a phone booth is. Sad.

5. The only picture missing is one of a family sitting around the dining room table. I miss those days. Nice post.

6. These photos are the best!!!!

7. Adrienne says:

Ah, yes – a PBX switchboard. I’m probably one of your only fans who not only knows what it is, but also knows how to run one. I learned at my first job.

8. jenny_o says:

Ehh, I dunno, that drive-in telephone looks pretty new-fangled to me – lol!

What great pictures. And proof for the young ‘uns that there was communication back in the dark ages πŸ™‚

9. sue says:

Dear Bluebird, especially love the picture if the woman in that fluffy white dress, sitting at her desk writing a letter.

10. John Holton says:

I miss this sort of communication.

• So do I. I used to love writing letters with a fountain pen on nice stationery. Friends and family used to give me stationery as gifts on birthdays and Christmas, because they knew how much pleasure it gave me.

11. hawk2017 says:

Excellent. Am old enough to remember being operator on line and plug switchboard. lol

12. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    A reminder, courtesy of BlueBird 🐦

13. Widdershins says:

Great pics … I suspect that 50 years from now, they’ll be saying the same thing about cellphones. πŸ˜€

14. In many ways, the good ol’ days were better (& simpler!). sometimes after doing something online and wanting to scream at the complicating nonsense, I say “would have been better to use the phone, or I shoulda picked up a pencil & an envelope that has space left on it to write one more thing. (my favorite writing material.)
    Love the photos – great fun to look at πŸ™‚
    Marilyn

15. kalabalu says:

I didn’t find any bitterness πŸ™‚