Wednesday weirdness

I’m old enough to remember the days when the only option in nativity sets was the standard humanoid Mary, Joseph, Jesus, shepherds, wise men, and angels. Nowadays nativity sets come in a bewildering array of themes. Animal-themed sets seem to be especially popular:

If animals aren’t your thing, an all-vegetable one is available:

If snowmen are more to your liking, there are lots to choose from:

There are ethnic pride nativities:

And superhero nativities:

There are even edible nativities, a concept that I personally find disturbing, but then I feel like a cannibal if I eat a gingerbread man:

Here’s an all-balloon nativity, which wouldn’t last long in my house:

And here’s one made of recycled materials for the terminally cheap:

(If that’s not enough for you, there are hundreds more online; just search “weird nativities” for several hours’ worth of entertainment.)

22 Responses to Wednesday weirdness

1. jono51 says:

Those do get pretty weird, but they are funny!

2. ibikenyc says:

All rightie, then!

(Kinda like the rubber-duckie set.)

3. These are wonderful and I’m going to reblog if that is okay. The last one is more than weird!

4. atimetoshare.me says:

Oh my! I saw an inflated yellow rubber ducky with a Santa hat, sitting in front of a house.

5. JoAnn says:

Wow! Love the rubber duckies 🙂

6. […] You are going to love this reblog from Bluebird of Bitterness on weird nativity scenes. Enjoy. https://bluebirdofbitterness.com/2019/12/18/wednesday-weirdness-64/?c=117756#comment-117756 […]

7. Widdershins says:

I … just … um … I got nuthin’

8. I adore all of the snowmen ones, the pissed off owls and the various woodland animal one, which looks so pagan!

9. Just gave myself indigestion laughing at the coke one!

10. parkermccoy says:

That bottom one with the pack of Camels. LOL. Great post!

11. egorr says:

Hmmm. IMHO it cheapens the reason for the Nativity Scene when you do stuff like this.

OTOH, the chocolate Nativity would have to be bought anew each Christmas!

12. jenny_o says:

I honestly don’t remember ever seeing any but the usual nativity scenes around here. There are several of these I’d love to have, lol

That last one is hilarious!

13. These are fun. I like the mice and the cats the best. But the coke cans and camel cigarettes are the funniest.