Caturday funnies

11 Responses to Caturday funnies

1. Liz says:

I think that dog is running out of ideas. 😂 Poor thing.
    You can tell who is boss there.

2. The cat raised a paw, as if to bap the doggie, but then settled down after realizing the dog was giving the feline a free ride in the bed.

The doggy’s play-bows are cute – I don’t think cats speak that language.
    ___

Sidebar quote: “The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer. —Paula Poundstone”

Well, maybe… but, my fuzzy buddy Charlie was mewing oddly at 2:30am, sounded like a mew for help like he was stuck somewhere. (Totally different from his 6:30am wakeup mewing.) I got up, tracked him down, and found him standing guard over a murdered mousie. Good kitty! Threw the mouse away; rewarded Charlie with treats.

There is good reason we put up with the cost of cat food, flea meds, and catbox cleaning. Our three really are working cats.

• ibikenyc says:

Go, CHARLIE! ;-D

• I’ve probably told you this one before, but back before we located and plugged most of the leaks in this house, we used to get a lot of rodents indoors, despite having (at that time) six cats in the house. One morning my husband and I woke up very early because we heard loud chirping noises. In our groggy state, it took us a while to realize that there was a chipmunk in our bedroom. We tried to catch it, but without success. Once it escaped from our bedroom and the cats figured out what was going on, they had a merry old time chasing the chippy around the house. Figaro actually caught it several times, but cats always want to play with their food, so the chippy kept getting away. After much effort, my husband finally caught Figaro while he had the chippy in his mouth, and he took him by the scruff and shook him over a wastebasket until he lost his grip and the chippy fell in the wastebasket. My husband released the chipmunk outside and Figaro sulked for the rest of the morning.

• ibikenyc says:

Hilarious!

I love that the cat’s name is Figaro. I also love that you had six cats! 😀 There is something about being outnumbered by a different species.

(I got brought a perforated mouse once. Your story is much better!)

• At the time we had six cats in the house, we also had six humans. Four of the six cats were strays that my kids had brought home, knowing that their mom was an old softie and wouldn’t have the heart to tell them they couldn’t keep them. Figaro belonged to our youngest daughter and she gave him his name. (Three of the four rescue kitties, Figaro included, still live with my husband and me, because our kids left their cats behind when they moved out… which is how we came to be empty nesters with a houseful of grandcats.)

3. Eliza Ayres says:

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

4. Yvonne says:

I love cats, but they can be jerks sometimes.

5. ibikenyc says:

I have no words other than I LOVE this! 😀

Polite comments are welcome. Nothing political, please.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )