Caturday chuckles

36 Responses to Caturday chuckles

1. Herc attempting to give his cat a pill. Yup. Been doing that here lately, with the scars to prove it.
    ๐Ÿ˜ผ

WordPress is messing with me again. I can’t comment, Like, or sign-in on your front page nor on a post page. Works okay on blogs with wordpress.com address, but not on BoB. Have to comment & like from the “Reader,” which I don’t much like.
    ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• I don’t blame you. Have you tried using a different web browser? Someone suggested that to me, and when I tried it, I found that the “like” button was working for me one sites where it hadn’t worked in ages. Which makes no sense whatsoever, but there it is.

2. And even after all the Herculean attempts the pill ends up on the floor…and the cat remains in hiding. ๐Ÿ˜€

• V.M.Sang says:

I ‘ve no box for comments! But I can still reply.
      I love them all, especially the first and last. I have no cats now, but I remember trying to give a pill when I did. I managed to get it in her mouth and massaged her throat to get her to swallow. This she did, so I thought, “She’s swallowed it.” I released her and she immediately spat and there was the pill on the floor.

• I’ve never had to give a pill to a cat, but I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about it. I did have a vet years ago who actually wanted me to force feed an elderly cat that didn’t want to eat, and I was thinking that would happen right about the time that hell froze over.

3. GranmaBarb says:

Hint from someone who gives pills to her fur baby twice a day …. dissipate on a spoon in a little gravy a few hours beforehand. Works a treat ๐Ÿฅ„

4. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:

Love the Hercules meme ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚

5. Herc should try rolling up that big kitty in a really big towel!

6. ibikenyc says:

Howling, gasping, slapping knee, and wiping tears over the Herc one ๐Ÿ˜€

(Maybe Sisyphus could try next. . . )

7. Eileen says:

Once again….delightful chuckles when most needed. Thanks.

8. ospreyshire says:

Meowing back with multiple grammatical errors? Hahahahaha! I’m not even a cat owner, but even I thought that was hilarious.

9. John Holton says:

That last one is hilarious because it’s so true. I love how vets just grab the cat’s head, force open the mouth, and give the pill, all in one motion. If I tried that, I’d be missing half the skin on my hand…

10. Totally stealing that last one. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. I will take the second one. Lol Cats are definitely the best. Have a lovely rest of the weekend, BoB! Michael

12. Hercules and his cats – the classic story of our feline challenges. Love the modified serenity prayer!

13. Widdershins says:

You’d think that after all these eons humans would’ve learned to speak Cat properly!

14. lilyofthevalley777 says:

One meow should do it. No grammar involved….But seriously I had to give my cat a half of an antibiotic pill twice a day. Sure just break it in half and force it down her throat. Not. Fortunately I have a mortar and pestle so I grind that pill to powder and mix it with her organic pumpkin and mix it with her regular wet food. She doesn’t even know. She inhales her like I do. She’s such a hound dog. ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฑmeow.

• Why do veterinarians even prescribe pills for cats? Why not something in powder or liquid form that would be easy to mix into some food the cat can’t resist? The last time I was prescribed medication for our little porch cat, Scruffy, it came in the form of a gel that you rub directly into the skin on the back of the cat’s neck — perfectly easy and painless for both cat and human.

15. lilyofthevalley777 says:

I agree. The now have these little organic pill pouches, supposedly to help mask the taste of this horrible tablet by chewing it. Cats don’t have molars….my other cat Shiloh had hyperthyroidism, which is stated that is common among older cats. Because……? Anyway in lieu of tablets twice a day, her medication was compounded at a pharmacy. It was to be applied at the tip of the inside of her ear twice a day. It helped for awhile. It’s supposed to keep their T4 down within range. After 4 years of that, I could tell she was worn out and her breathing labored. It broke my heart to see her suffer. She was 17, and she lived a good life. I know I’ll see her again when we’re all united with our Heavenly Father. He loves His animals too. Have a blessed day Bluebird.

16. […] Caturday chuckles | bluebird of bitterness […]

Polite comments are welcome. Nothing political, please.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )