22 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — Better Living through Pharmacology™ edition

1. Lisa Beth says:

The fine print in these ads is even crazier. But what I really wonder is, what will be the brunt of pharmaceutical jokes on us, 50 years from now? 😳
    Thanks Bitter Bluebird for a few laughs of the past!

• You are absolutely right that we will be laughed at in the future, probably for things we least expect!

• Climate change worry?
      Antidepressants!
      Dissatisfied with your 9-5 office job and 2-hour daily commute?
      Antidepressants!
      Scared to go online because of social media bullying and online trolls?
      Antidepressants!

😱🤣😱🤣😱🤣

• Lisa Beth says:

And, in every drug advertisement EVERYONE is dancing and laughing, happy music,, all while the narrator warns of life threatening side effects. 😲

• Whaaat, that sounds insane and hilarious. You have drug ads??

Btw, ‘prescribe vegetables’ 🤣:

21st century medicine, how barbaric!!

• Lisa Beth says:

Yes, I’m a big believer in vegetables, just came from market with 3 heads of lettuce, kobochi squash, and cukes.
            I saw the article and must say, the connection to obesity is not really poverty per sae but the strategic engineering of food flavors in fast food & junk food, physically tapping into endorphins. Like drugs, they cause the brain to want more and worse, they raise taste buds to such a high threshold that they cannot really taste and enjoy natural foods.
            I’ll bet that’s more than you wanted to know! 😯

• “the strategic engineering of food flavors in fast food & junk food, physically tapping into endorphins.”

Yes! Exactly :). It’s really criminal isn’t it. And raw ingredients are incredibly cheap, cheaper than any other diet. Just don’t buy the avocados and shiitake mushrooms 🤣.

I don’t usually buy any snack foods at all really, and recently bought a big bag of crisps for watching an England football match (nostalgia!). Wow I couldn’t stop eating them until they were all gone!! Lol. Which is exactly why I avoid these things.

• Or being prescribed exercise by your GP!! xD

I mean, stating the obvious??

News flash— radioactive toothpaste and inactivity bad for you 😱😱😱

Cocaine toothache drops? And a medication to make you as fat as pigs? How times have changed.

3. wow… We’ve come a long way, thank heavens! 🙂

4. floridaborne says:

THe one about Thorazine shouldn’t make me laugh — it’s just that old man with the cane, and the fact that Thorazine was called a “chemical strait jacket.”

Can you imagine giving those kinds of narcotics to kids?

5. -Eugi ☕️ says:

What an eye-opener and most amusing. I got a laugh out of these.

6. kidme37 says:

Snake oil salesman – still the best business going.

7. Widdershins says:

Oh to have had shares in cocaine labs back then! 😀

8. Jennie says:

This is unbelievable. I laughed and shook my head.