It’s a dog’s life

A woman was relaxing on her porch one afternoon when a very tired-looking dog wandered into her yard, lumbered up the porch steps, lay down, and promptly fell asleep.

About an hour later, the dog got up and walked away.

The next day the dog was back. It climbed the steps, lay down on the porch, and fell asleep.

This happened several days in succession. One day the woman attached a note to the dog’s collar that read, “Every afternoon your dog comes and takes a nap on my porch.”

The following day, the dog arrived with a different note pinned to its collar: “He lives in a home with eight children. He’s just trying to catch up on his sleep.”

23 Responses to It’s a dog’s life

1. Corrie.S.P. says:

Haha. I love that.

2. Smart dog. I don’t blame him, I’d leave too. lol

3. jenny_o says:

Completely understandable 🙂

4. My cats concur, especially when grandkids visit.

• My little Holstein cat, Bessie, adores my grandson and follows him everywhere. Oscar and Figaro largely ignore him, except when he has food that they want. Scruffy runs and hides under the porch when he sees him coming. 🙂

• My youngest cat, Pyshka, is afraid of people, especially little people making a big noise. She just slinks away and hides under the way. Beba, the older one of the two girl kitties, doesn’t have a mind of her own and always follows the leader – straight under the bed. Barmalei, Beba’s brother and the main chief cat around here, is very sociable and lets the kids give him treats and pet him. Different personalities!😻

5. atimetoshare.me says:

Aww how sweet is that❤️❤️

6. Merillion says:

Love this. and love the notes going back and forth. That’s people!
    (the good ones) and there are many good ones.

7. Oooooohhhhhh poor baby!….. 😁😁😁😁💕💕💕💕💕

8. -Eugi ☕️ says:

Awww, poor dog! ❤️

9. egorr says:

C’mon over, dog, my cats will welcome you and I’ll give you water and treats!

10. Widdershins says:

Can totally relate! 😀

11. Thanks for sharing, BoB! Its so true. Give the dogs more resting time. Have a beautiful week! xx Michael

12. Reblogged this on Writer's Treasure Chest and commented:
    What a hilarious post. Thanks, Bluebird! Sharing the smiles!