Advertisements from long, long ago — Happy Homemakers™ edition

18 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — Happy Homemakers™ edition

1. Corrie.S.P. says:

Wow cool! That kitchen wrapped in spots though, LOL. My family actually has one of those pans in the top advertisement.

2. I’d buy those colored Comet bottles! The squeezable margarine—probably not.

• Ubi Dubium says:

There used to be a rule that margarine could not be colored yellow at the factory, I guess so they could not pass it off as real butter. But they would sell a packet of yellow food color that you could mix into it at home, to make it look more appetizing. That’s what the squeeze-mix bag was for.

3. Memories… light the corners of my mind. Misty watercolor memories… of the way we were.

Sigh. I’m much too young to be so old. About the only thing that’s not familiar here is the Soilax. My house could use some of that. ;-D

4. Reading these makes me rethink my entire childhood.

5. Yvonne says:

Oh, those prices! Now that’s nostalgic.

6. egorr says:

Pathetically, I remember most of these.

7. The Hinoeuma says:

My paternal grandparents had one of those avocodo fridges.

Oh dear god, margarine…a blight on humanity.

Too many dots! Looks like her kitchen is decorated as Wonder Bread.

8. The beginnings of the Plastic Era here, I see. And coloured TP. That disappeared decades ago, probably for good reasons.

9. I have a metal Bokar coffee penny bank that was my grandmother’s. I vaguely remember a matching 8:00 penny bank but I don’t remember what happened to it. Funny, you still see 8:00 Coffee in the stores, but never Bokar.

10. Dawn Marie says:

I am so excited to see the Avacado Green kitchens are back in Vogue, once again!

11. Katherine says:

My grandmother had an Avocado fridge. I remember it well!