Bibliophile humor — National Library Week edition

Cartoons for literature lovers from John Atkinson.

19 Responses to Bibliophile humor — National Library Week edition

1. msjadeli says:

Priceless!

These are wonderful.

3. boromax says:

Reblogged this on ~ Trivial Music Silliness ~ and commented:
    So, sue me. I want everyone to see these “Novel Crossovers” from John Atkinson, which the venerable ‘bluebird of bitterness’ has shared. Clever! Amusing! Inimitable! Well, maybe a little imitable. Maybe. Depending.

Be sure to click through to the ORIGINAL POST to see the funnies; also like and comment!

4. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    Courtesy of BlueBird ๐Ÿ˜‚

5. Very droll. Somehow, I don’t see myself reading any of those novel crossovers. I’ll wait for the movies to come out.

6. This reminds me of the stuff Disney actually puts out now–revisionist stuff like “[some Hawaiian girl’s first name] Howser, M.D.” and other retreads of many shows with utterly different protagonists, as presented in their promos on Disneyplus. While I can see the interest in making something more feminist or more equitable etc., the messy blur of former titles and new pap conflated confounds me and worries me in equal parts.

7. Hilarious!!! I’m laughing so hard I think I hurt myself!! Look for a reblog of this when I am online tomorrow! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†

8. These are great. John Atkinson’s Wrong Hands are brilliantly warped. ๐Ÿ˜€

The Dr. Seuss and Mr. Hyde cartoon reminds me of something my daughter said to her husband years ago when her toddler daughter was constantly watching Dr. Seuss. “I’m so exhausted, one of these days you’re going to find me dead. Dead, I said. Buried in a box with dirt on my head!”

After her daughter was grown, my daughter went back to school and became a licensed psychotherapist. Scary thought! ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. Corrie.S.P. says:

Dr. Suess one!
    Absolute best!

10. Thanks for sharing those funny and very thoughtful jokes, BoB! Before i will forget, i wish you a great weekend! xx Michael

11. Great jokes. Shakespearean plays or family holiday? ๐Ÿ˜‰