Advertisements from long, long ago — M’m! M’m! Good! edition

21 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — M’m! M’m! Good! edition

1. Katherine says:

I remember the days when Kool-aid had points on the back of the package you could collect and send in for a prize. I still have 2 Kool-aid Barbies.

2. boromax says:

Oh, my. “Fiesta Peach Spam Bake” !!!

Love these old ads. Thank you for sharing! ~Ed.

3. Mmmmm yummy. Now I’m hungry.

4. Lisa Beth says:

Love these! I have a soft spot for Canada Dry. As a pre-schooler, my first field trip was to the Canada Dry factory. I can still see the hundreds of bottles swirling through the filling and sealing process. So fascinating!
    Thanks Bitter Bluebird!

5. John Holton says:

The old ads were real works of art. Notice that the only one that uses photos here is the one from the American Dairy Association, which is from the late ’60’s.

6. The VERY BEST banana bread recipe, which I still use, came from a Fluffo recipe book that my grandmother had. I have never seen Fluffo EVER. My mother always used Crisco. LOL

7. granonine says:

I remember a lot of those ads. Interesting how misleading some of them are. For instance, the jar of lifesavers surrounded by healthy fresh fruit. Nothing healthy about those lifesavers. Pure sugar, with a bit of flavoring. Yet we provided ourselves and our children with all sorts of things like that, which were beginning to flood the markets in the 50s.

• In our parents’ day, I don’t think anyone knew there was anything wrong with stuffing kids full of sugar. My mother certainly didn’t.

• granonine says:

Nor did mine, and the knowledge came slowly to me as I regularly baked sweets for my own family. Trouble is, we no longer work hard like our parents did, burning off the calories. But diabetes has become an epidemic amongst my generation (I’m 74). Sugar is a problem when overdone.

8. jenny_o says:

“Bacon – crispy strips of nourishment” – how I wish that were true! lol

These are great, BoB. It’s so interesting to read old ads.

9. Imlac says:

Dunkin donuts still has the best coffee. Just sorry they dropped Donuts from the name. 🍩

10. Jennie says:

I remember many of these. Thanks for a fun post.