Advertisements from long, long ago — Father’s Day edition

16 Responses to Advertisements from long, long ago — Father’s Day edition

1. […] Advertisements from long, long ago — Father’s Day edition — bluebird of bitterness […]

2. trentpmcd says:

Ah, the good old days. Sitting around in the lounger wearing that nice suite and tie, stinking of Old Spice and smoking up a storm sure spells relaxation in my book. Hey, where are the whiskey ads?

3. egorr says:

Ah, memories!

4. I didn’t remember Naugahyde being so scary. \@’@/

5. John Holton says:

Hey, there’s Prince Albert in a can! Better let him out!

6. bunkerville says:

Great fun. Thanks for the memories..

7. I never really got into the Lil Abner comic strip. But I was worried about the morality of an ad showing Daisy Mae ogling Abner’s boxers so I did some quick research. Sure enough—they got married! So it’s all good and now I know a lot more about Lil Abner and crew than I did 15 minutes ago.

8. Imlac says:

As a devoted cigar and pipe smoker, in an age of inverted priorities, I relished the honesty of the first ad. : )

9. Widdershins says:

Heavens to Murgatroid! … wonderful, in kind of a twisty way. 😀

10. Carol says:

Love these and recall giving my Dad both Old Spice and High Karate. (Different years).

So many tobacco ads. My Dad smoked cigars which somehow gave me a stomach ache when riding in the car. Luckily in those days you could stretch out over the back seat when you weren’t feeling well. No pesky seatbelts to restrain you.

11. Jennie says:

Love these!

Polite comments are welcome. Nothing political, please.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )