Caturday chuckles

23 Responses to Caturday chuckles

1. Invisibly Me says:

Hahaha these are brilliant! Maybe cat psychiatrists are the thing of the future given the shortage of human ones and the long wait lists. Plus, being around animals often makes us feel better & they won’t laugh at us 😆 I love the two cats peering under the oven with their owner, one with their arm around his friend’s shoulder. Aww! Happy Caturday 😺

Caz xx

2. ktz2 says:

hahaha that tiny cat door is hilarious.
    The last one reminded me of a story I’d read about a certain cat.
    The kitty would eat breakfast then go off somewhere all day, returning home at night to eat & sleep — every day. The owner eventually mentioned this in passing to one of her neighbors, who said – ‘That’s weird, my cat is around all day but disappears every night’.
    Turned out the neighbor thought she’d adopted a stray when in fact it was the same cat, that each neighbor claimed as their own. Smart kitty, getting double love and extra meals !

3. John Holton says:

That last one is a riot! I’ve known cats like that…

• We have one that we’re pretty sure did this. He showed up in our yard one day about five years ago, and he seemed hungry, so we put some food out for him. At first he wouldn’t let us get near him, but eventually we were able to make friends with him. He had this unnerving habit of disappearing for days and sometimes weeks at a time, but when he came back, he didn’t appear to be starving, so we assumed someone else was feeding him. A few years ago we decided he needed to be neutered and vaccinated, so we trapped him and took him to the vet. Since then he’s stuck much closer to home (“home” meaning our house, or more accurately, our porch). I wonder sometimes about his other family/families, and if they miss him.

• John Holton says:

That was like my Mouthwash (don’t ask). She wanted out at bedime and sometimes we wouldn’t see her for a few days, then she’d be back, fat and happy and crying to be fed. It got to where she was waiting for food every morning. Then one morning, no more Mouthwash. I don’t know if her family moved away, someone else adopted her and kept her inside, or she died.

• That’s the hard part — not knowing what happened to them. I could have handled it if Scruffy had been adopted by someone else, as long as I knew he was being well cared for, but it really bugged me not knowing what had become of him. I’m greatly relieved now that his wanderlust has vanished. Don’t know if that’s due to his being neutered or because he’s getting old — maybe a combination of the two — but we like having him around all the time.

4. Loved these, too!

5. Hetty Eliot says:

The owner of the cat on the bottom could just, you know, keep the cat indoors and extend its life by about seven years.

• True. I’m a big believer in keeping cats indoors whenever possible, especially after one of mine was hit by a car and another was picked up by animal control and I had to pay a hefty fine (and endure a stern lecture from the animal control lady) to get him back. We live in an area that’s infested with wood ticks and I hate picking ticks off a cat. Also, there are foxes and bears lurking in the woods behind our house who might decide a well-fed cat looked like an appetizing snack.

6. They are all too funny!

7. I am especially enjoying these now that we adopted a new kitten a couple of months ago. He adds extra joy to our days! I definitely recommend cat therapy!

8. Lisa Beth says:

Fabulous! Got my 5 cents ready! 😃
    These are better than any therapy!

9. ibikenyc says:

All great (as usual!) but especially love the statue and pizza box ones 😀

(Also thinking I should be glad I’ll never know what they’re all looking for under the stove. . . )