Perfectionism or OCD?

You be the judge.

38 Responses to Perfectionism or OCD?

1. Katherine says:

Some of these (*cough* the grass) are a bit much. But having worked retail I can tell you that some of these are great boredom busters at work and most of these just make me so happy to see order there…. Maybe I need help 😂

2. Patricia says:

Maybe a bit over the top but keeps workers busy.

3. I must admit to having a strong sense of Perfectionism, not OCD….. 😂

4. OCD definitely but also art!

5. bluecat57 says:

Logic and common sense.
    A place for everything and everything in its place.
    Olde Wisdom from Thee Frugal Curmudgeon

6. Sue Cass says:

I see it as just being organized. Okay a few may be perfectionism.

7. Corrie.S.P. says:

I call it perfection. The only bad thing is when someone will come along and take one and ruin the whole thing😕

8. What an amazing collection, and so many! Been saving up for this one for a while?

There are two kinds of people in the world. Seeing a carefully-stacked pyramid of canned tomatoes in the aisle of the store, one type will take a can off the top. The other will try to find the key can to cause a jenga fail. I confess, Lord forgive me, I have been tempted…

• Those perfectly-arranged displays in the grocery store make me reluctant to take one at all, because I don’t want to spoil the symmetry.

• Go ahead. It’s symmetry designed to be spoiled.

You’ve likely seen those grocery displays where a bunch of cases of sodapop are stacked up to be a great big image, for the Big Game, or Hallowe’en. Saw a snippet of vid somebody posted of one of those displays going up. Disappointing: to see those aren’t all full, individual cases carefully stacked by the clever kid at the store; they’re just cardboard facades, already glued together for the display.

9. jenny_o says:

I don’t care what it’s called, I find it very satisfying … with the exception of the books. They MUST be in alphabetical order by author … which is another kind of perfectionism/OCD, I guess 😀

Nice collection, BoB 🙂

10. Great orderly examples! Love the cat on the carton too.

11. This is so my husband. He calls it perfectionism. I call it OCD.

12. Kate says:

I am only really interested in the cake displays. They always get me in any great cake shop. Those books are not owned by a true book lover. Must be in subject grouping or alphabetical author if it’s fiction.

Ps if I always refold the towels after my DH has attempted to, am I ocd?

13. cagedunn says:

Isn’t this the way things are supposed to be?
    btw, I organise my clothes in the wardrobe by colour – hadn’t thought of it by books, but all our books are subject specific, so not applicable (a good thing, I’m thinking).

• One of my daughters used to organize all her clothes by color, in spectrum (spectral?) order. Her closet was a sight to behold.

I organize my books by genre and/or subject, or in the case of children’s books, by age level. My music is organized chronologically, beginning with the middle ages and progressing through the twentieth century. It’s easier for me to find what I’m looking for that way, and ensures that the Moody Blues don’t end up sandwiched between Monteverdi and Mozart. 🙂

14. Pretty sure this is what the world looked like after God formed Adam but before He blew into his nostrils! 👍😊

15. Michelle says:

I love all of these people. Now, I’m off to stalk the person who mows fabulous lawns 😊

16. Some of these give me the warm fuzzies. Others don’t because I know they’re ephemeral.

17. Spar Harmon says:

Actually it looks more like Asperger’s Syndrome to me.

18. egorr says:

Order from Chaos!
    Entropy must die!!

I can appreciate a really good display well done and organized, I think just about everybody does. The Extra Mile, y’know…

19. Rae Longest says:

Not OCD–ORGANIZED!

20. ali redford says:

I love all of them and feel so satisfied looking at them, but the t-shirts at the bottom, the colored hangers, and the file folders at the top are all totally me.