1. Polite comments are welcome. Comments that are mean, vulgar, insulting, or rude are not. So mind your manners.
2. Do not insult other commenters. Play nice.
3. This is a humor blog. If you are easily offended, this is probably not the blog for you.
4. This is not a political blog. Don’t try to turn it into one.
5. I do not vouch for the accuracy of anything I post. Please don’t waste your time fact-checking me.
6. If you are a first-time commenter, your comment will go into moderation and may take a while to show up. If your first comment is approved, subsequent comments will generally be published without going through all that rigamarole. However, they will be deleted if they violate my guidelines.
7. If you don’t have a gravatar (globally recognized avatar), your comments run the risk of getting caught in the spam filter. I usually scroll through the spam before deleting it to see if any legitimate comments have been sent there by mistake; however, sometimes the volume of spam is large, time is short, and my patience is at low ebb, so there’s no guarantee that a comment that’s trapped in the spam filter will be found and rescued. If you want to increase the odds that your comment will not be misclassified as spam, get a gravatar. It’s fast, easy, and free. Just go to engravatar.com and click the button that says “Create Your Own Gravatar.”