One clover in this field has four leaves. See if you can find it.
One of these penguins is holding a coffee mug. See if you can find it.
A heart is lurking somewhere in this herd of elephants. See if you can find it.
Somewhere in this blizzard, a snowman is lurking. See if you can find it.
Somewhere in this group of snowmen, a panda is lurking. See if you can find it.
I wrote this one many years ago when a friend asked me to come up with some party games for her Christmas open house. Here are the titles of fourteen familiar Christmas carols, which have been obfuscated by means of a plethora of arcane verbiage and tortuous circumlocution. See how many you can decipher:
1. Palestinian municipality of unimpressive size
2. Seraphic beings originating from a celestial location
3. I espied a trio of seagoing vessels
4. Somewhere sort of distant, in a feedbox
5. Spruce up the gathering place with bunches of seasonal greenery
6. Depart, and proclaim the news from an elevated location
7. May the Supreme Deity maintain you in a condition of jollity, good fellows
8. It occurred at twelve a.m. under a sky full of stars
9. Unbounded joviality to the inhabitants of this planet
10. Total absence of nocturnal noise
11. I speculate in astonishment while perambulating aimlessly
12. On a particular occasion in a village associated with a prominent Hebrew monarch
13. The time from December 25 to January 5
14. Seasonal musical composition for hollow metal objects, typically having the shape of an inverted cup widening at the lip, that sound a clear musical note when struck, typically by means of a clapper inside
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
ANSWERS: 1. O Little Town of Bethlehem; 2. Angels from the Realms of Glory; 3. I Saw Three Ships; 4. Away in a Manger; 5. Deck the Hall; 6. Go, Tell It on the Mountain; 7. God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen; 8. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear; 9. Joy to the World; 10. Silent Night; 11. I Wonder as I Wander; 12. Once in Royal David’s City; 13. The Twelve Days of Christmas; 14. Carol of the Bells
12 – 14 correct: Not bad, but let’s face it — it was a pretty easy quiz
8 – 11 correct: You really should go Christmas caroling more often
4 – 7 correct: Obviously not a music lover
fewer than 4 correct: Ebenezer Scrooge, pre-conversion